Override fscanf memory allocation function?

Is it possible to override the memory allocation function used by scanf
and friends when the 'm' flag is used with a string conversion?

I am writing a library, and I would like to allow the application to
specify the memory management functions used by the library.

My library uses fscanf to read files line-by-line:

  fscanf(in, "%m[^\n]", &line)

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@gmail.com
           Sent from the cloud -- where it's already tomorrow