Re: dlopen vs. RUNPATH

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic CourtÃs) skribis:

> I have a use case where libgcc_s.so fails to be dlopenâd, even though
> its directory is in the main applicationâs RUNPATH:

On further inspection, I think the explanation is that
pthread_cancel_init uses __libc_dlopen, which causes libpthreadâs name
space (its âlink_mapâ) to be used, not the applicationâs name space.
Neither libpthreadâs RUNPATH nor $LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to the
directory of libgcc_s, hence the failure (conversely,
dlopen("libgcc_s.so") from the application succeeds.)

One possible fix would be to augment $(user-defined-trusted-dirs).

Ludoâ.