Re: Minimal set of locale related files needed for gettext to workin an intramfs

On 28/10/2012 02:59, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Saturday 27 October 2012 19:04:25 Jonathan Nieder wrote:
it might require some of the charset conversion related files depending on the
actual locale settings (so like /usr/lib64/locale/locale-archive or the split
files generated with localedef & the Debian-specific locale-gen), and perhaps
some of the gconv related modules (in /usr/lib64/gconv/*.so).  but if you
restrict yourself to C and UTF8, then i think those are native to glibc (or i
could be wrong and you do need UNICODE.so ... someone can certainly correct me
on this point).

Thanks Mike, yes I am speaking about _the_minimum_set_of_files_ from glibc that I should put on the installer, assuming that only utf-8 encoding will be used.

Though it be for Slackware feel free to indicate which files would be needed in a Debian installation, I will find out where they are installed in Slackware and which package(s) they are shipped in.