ldd functionality from suid binary

Hi there,

I have a problem what I hope you can help in. I need a C++ function what is able to work out an ldd-like functionality (this should be a part of a bigger project). I already have a solution and you can find its simplified version under the following link:
http://pastebin.com/3SwYj5vR

Unfortunately the binary, what will contain this code, has suid flag. And in this case my example exits with status 5 error message (without suid the code works fine).
I investigated the code of ldd and found the following in rtld.c : process_dl_audit function:

      if (mode != normal)
        _exit (5);

So it seems to me that ldd doesn't work for suid binaries. But I hope that I'm wrong.
This is why I'd like to ask your help to find a solution/workaround!

Thanks in advance,
Renata Hodovan