Fwd: Pthread mutex lock validator

Hi,

LD_PRELOAD was the first idea that came to me when
I started with this project. But i soon, realised that it may not
be possible.
The task of spawning threads and servicing lock requests
is delegated to libpthread.
And the custom pthread_mutex_t has to store
some extra information to help detect recursive locking,
(that is what i figured by looking at the Linux Kernel
which does this.)

But please do tell me if there were some way to over come these.
I really like the idea of LD_PRELOAD.

--
Regards

Sanketh Nalli
B.Tech Final year
Department of Information Technology
National Institute of Technology, Karnataka