Re: Change the path of the dynamic loader

On Monday 12 October 2009 11:30:27 John Taylor wrote:
> Is it possible to configure and build glibc in such a way that you can
> control where to put the dynamic loader (ld-linux)? At the moment it is
> in /lib64, but I'd like to put it in /usr/lib64 for example.

putting it in /usr/lib64 vs /lib64 makes no sense, but anyways ...

glibc doesnt care where the ldso lives, it doesnt invoke it directly.  every
ELF out there has the path to the ldso hardcoded.  you can run `readelf -l` on
an ELF to see the path that is hardcoded.  to change that, you have to relink
everything with new gcc flags (or change your gcc spec).
-mike