Re: build (and check) glibc with libstdc++ in alternate location

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Poor Yorick
<org.sourceware.libchelp@pooryorick.com> wrote:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset
>
> I have found two workarounds. ?Adding something like this to Makeconfig
> resulted in a succesful build and make check:
>
> ? ?LDFLAGS.so += -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/path/to/lib
>
> But another workaround, which seemed like it might have fewer consequences for the build, also worked. ?I symlinked libgcc_s.so.1 and libstdc++.so.6 into the root of the build directory.
>
> Any feedback on these approaches, or suggestions about a more standard way to
> make the tests find libstdc++?

Traditionally the test uses the installed libstdc++ located in the
standard system directories, which you don't have.

Does running the testsuite with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set fix the issue?
That would be my suggested method to use the newly installed gcc and
run-times.