Re: autoconf AC_PREREQ ?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998@anciens.enib.fr> wrote:
>> The glibc configure.in files are only fragments, and do not use
>> AC_INIT or AC_PREREQ.
>
> Maybe they are fragments, but autoconf *is* run against them, a-la (line
> manually split):
> autoconf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/configure.in > \
>         sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/configure
>
> So, when run, autoconf sees neither AC_PREREQ nor AC_INIT. Or am I missing
> something?

No, that is correct. Each fragment is *processed* by autoconf,  but
the fragments are *run* by the top-level configure.in script which is
the only script that needs the AC_PREREQ.

See the configure.in code which prints the message "running the
configure fragment for".