Re: Testsuite issue - iconvdata/gconv-modules

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Greg Schafer <gschafer@zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:45:15AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Could you please check to see if a bug has been filed for this, if not
>> please file one.
>
> Can't really see the point. These days Glibc cross-compilation seems to be
> discouraged and not supported.

I encourage and help people with cross-compiling issues.

So would the EGLIBC community, which is based on GLIBC.
http://www.eglibc.org

If you don't wish to file an issue, please file an issue with the
EGLIBC tracker?
http://www.eglibc.org/issues/

>> This issue will effect users that are cross-compiling.
>
> Erm, I thought the Glibc tests were not run when cross-compiling (except of
> course if the whole kit and caboodle is copied to the target system and
> various hoops are jumped through).

You mean like this?
http://www.eglibc.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/libc/scripts/cross-test-ssh.sh?rev=4829&view=markup

>> What workaround are you currently using? Setting $PATH?
>
> Immediately prior to running the testsuite:
>
> cp -v ../glibc-$GLIBC_VER/iconvdata/gconv-modules iconvdata

Thanks, that's not a bad solution. I think that the current EGLIBC
tests are probably being run against the target's installed
gconv-modules. Which is not correct.