Re: Math error-reporting test scripts useful in glibc?

Michael Kerrisk wrote:
I don't know. I'm not familiar with the low level details of the
instruction sets used, and how to control that, or whether there are
different versions of the math functions for the different instruction
sets. I wrote these scripts to do testing in a pretty much black-box
fashion.
I checked it on libc 2.7. The 32 bit version uses the old x87 instruction set, the 64 bit version uses the SSE2 instruction set without vectors. No CPU dispatching. Here is room for improvement, it could be made much faster.