Re: [CT_NG] Cross-compiler for Alpha architecture

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Ioannis E. Venetis
<venetis@capsl.udel.edu> wrote:
> 1) When trying to build gcc 4.3.1 or 4.3.0 (glibc version doesn't
> matter), the error is basically this:
>
> error: no include path in which to search for limits.h

I can't speak toward the rest of the email but I can toward this issue.

GCC 4.3 changed the location of some of the header files.  I don't
understand why you'd be getting these errors while building GCC since
it provides them.

With regard to GLIBC, Roland checked in some changes so that the GLIBC
build system could find the new locations of the GCC provided header
files.

 http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/configure.in.diff?cvsroot=glibc&r1=1.472&r2=1.473

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/configure.diff?cvsroot=glibc&r1=1.462&r2=1.463

Regards