Re: things to do for arch maintainers

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

1. on the setjmp code, make sure that for the code ending up inside ld.so we don't call __sigjmp_save (see the x86, x86-64, ppc code)

2. add pointer_guard to tcbhead_t in <tls.h>

3. define THREAD_SET_POINTER_GUARD and THREAD_COPY_POINTER_GUARD in <tls.h>

4. in <sysdep.h>, define PTR_MANGLE and PTR_DEMANGLE. The ld.so code must use the global variable __pointer_chk_guard_local. The libc code must use the tcbhead_t value. C and asm versions are needed. See the x86-64 version

All needs to be done for archs other than x86 and x86-64 (although 1 is done for ppc).

Jakub got to the powerpc change before I could finish testing my version. No problem with Jukub's quickness, but I notice that his version does not fill in the

"#if defined NOT_IN_libc && defined IS_IN_rtld"

case. While the X86_64 example does.

Is this acceptable or should I try to fill in the code for this case?

There are some difficulties with toc/got access before they are relocated, so this may be appropriate. But I wanted to verify that this omission is intended.