check-abi

I have turned on check-abi as part of make check.  See the mailing list
archives for my full explanation of the scripts posted when I wrote them.

I've checked in the new abilist/ directory containing the merged reference
lists covering x86, x86-64, ia64, and powerpc, each in TLS and no-TLS variants.
Those are the platforms that it was easy for me to do builds on today.

For other platforms, "make check" will now fail until more reference lists
are installed.  If your platform is not covered, do a build and send me lists.
After you have a good build, do:

	make -s update-abi update-abi-config='CPU-.*-linux.*'

For x86 we use a regexp i.86 for CPU.  Others will probably just be the
literal, but e.g. perhaps alpha.* is appropriate.  Figure it out for your
port and then stick to the same choice.  Use the regexp matching the full
set of config tuples that share the same glibc ABI.  Note that all matches
are used, so e.g. no sparc.* unless you want it to apply to sparc64 as
well, even if there is a separate sparc64-.* or sparc64.* regexp.  If you
have to use multiple patterns to cover the exact right set of tuples that
are all the identical ABI, that's ok (run update-abi again for each pattern).

If your platform can build with __thread support (--with-tls), then do two
builds.  In the build using __thread, do
	make -s update-abi update-abi-config='CPU-.*-linux.*'
and then in a build with --without-tls or --without-__thread, do
	make -s update-abi update-abi-config='CPU-.*-linux.*/notls'
This modifies the abilist/* files in your source directory.

After using update-abi, do "make -sk check-abi" to verify everything worked.
If you have two builds, do check-abi in both after doing all the update-abi.
Then also eyeball the abilist/*.abilist file changes to see they are sane.

For all of the update-abi and check-abi commands, you can use make -j as
you like (just don't do two separate make update-abi runs at once).

The easiest thing is if you send me your whole updated abilist/ directory,
rather than diffs or anything.  The directory is >100k, but tar|bzip2 it
gets quite small (and not much bigger from base64 if you email it to me).
Please don't send me any lists made from sources modified from what's in
CVS.  (Get your changes submitted and checked in first, cvs update to get
the latest pristine sources, and then do check-abi to verify your lists
before sending them in.)

Thanks,
Roland