Re: Hide __[u]{div,mod}di3

On Monday 27 January 2003 22:38, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> writes:
> |> Though note that this _requires_ binutils 2.13.90.0.4+ or 2.13.1+,
> |> otherwise there will be really strange interactions with gcc.
>
> In which way?

Earlier binutils doesn't correctly link together 2 shared libs (libgcc.so and
libc.so in this case) which have the same version of a symbol, but aren't
both linktime references. The PPC solution was only possible after hjl fixed
a few binutils bugs. The fixes went into 2.13.90.4 and 2.13.1. IIRC the best
case was binutils refusing to link glibc with some strange error message,
but I think it was also possible to get a corrupted libc.so.

Franz.