Signal handler arguments

I'm revamping the sycall interfaces of the 64-bit Linux/MIPS kernel.  So
far the 32-bit MIPS kernel is calling all non rt-signal handlers as:

  handler(signr, 0, struct sigcontext *)

The rt-signal handlers (setup with SA_SIGINFO) get invoked as:

  handler(signr, struct siginfo *, struct ucontext *)

What do applicable standards say about the arguments passed to signal
handlers?  I'd like to settle with just the second signal handler type as
the x86-64 port seems to do but I'm a bit nervous that this might break
application code or standard compliance.

Can anybody shed light into this?  Thanks,

  Ralf