Re: going forward

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 09:51:48AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:
> >
> >> Enough has been done already, that I would hope we could get this fully
> >> resolved by a week from today.
> >
> > I'm not so optimistic.  So far all I have seen are results from people
> > running completely new environments and individual results of running
> > older programs.  Nobody put down which combinations have been tested.
>
> If we can come up with a way to test stuff, I volunteer to update and
> publish a test matrix and also run those test for GCC 2.95, GCC 3.0.1,
> GCC 3.1 for PowerPC, i686 and S390.
>
> Note that I'm on holiday monday and tuesday and can do these tests
> only add the end of next week,

Here is something I believe we should test

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2001-08/msg00153.html

I don't know if it is complete. Also we need to know exactly how the
libgcc will be changed in the future so that we can test those cases.
Assuming a new version name, GCC_3.1.2, introduced for _Unwind_Find_FDE
in a future gcc, should we include the new _Unwind_Find_FDE in libc.so
when we recompile glibc with the new gcc? If we do, we should also
test those cases. It is not an easy test.

H.J.