Re: ...but now

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 12:28:40AM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> I think all fixable problems are handled in the current CVS version.
> I'm running some tests over night and if everything is fine I'll make
> the first 2.2.1 test release tomorrow.  Speak up quickly if you have
> some problem.

I have a second thought on the aux vector with static binaries.
Right now, non_dynamic_init is called from __libc_init_first
in libc-start.c. It is no way to know when non_dynamic_init will
be called. If _dl_pagesize is not set before getpagesize is first
used, I don't think it will be good, especially on ia64. Also I think
_dl_important_hwcaps may be also useful for loading DSO from static
binaries.  I'd like to merge sysdeps/generic/dl-sysdep.c and
elf/dl-support.c into sysdeps/generic/dl-aux.c. It will contain
_dl_important_hwcaps and

void _dl_aux_init (ElfW(auxv_t) *av);

for static binaries. It will be called from libc-start.c for static
binaries.

BTW, non_dynamic_init is incorrect for PPC.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)