nss_db

I haven't seen any comments following the description of the situation
converning nss_db I sent out on Wednesday.  Maybe nobody read it,
maybe everybody agress, maybe nobody cares.  In any case, we have to
resolve the problem and I think that my proposal to have a standalone
nss_db package is the best solution.

Now, is there somebody who volunteers for this?  It's really not too
bad.  The code should probably more or less reverted to the state
before we started using dlopen() and a configure script must be
written to test for the db version etc.

Could somebody *please* step forward and do this?