Re: glibc 2.1.91 based distributions :-(.

On Mon, Jul 31, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> What's your suggested way of testing things sufficiently so that glibc 2.2
> can be a reality soonish?
> I think a Beta distribution is a very good way how to get thousands of
> testers (which would not give it a shot otherwise) to test it.

Yes, it is a good way. But we know that we will have binary incompatible
changes for 2.2 final (like sunrpc/IPv6). And here the problem starts:
Tell the people that they can delete everything the build. They will
claim that we have to make binary compatible beta versions and will
not accept this. We had this already.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/       kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10            90443 Nuernberg