Re: Update resolver code to BIND 8.2.3-T5B.

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl> writes:

> So you might see some
>
>    sendmail: Symbol `_res' has different size in shared object,
>    consider re-linking
>
> messages.  I believe they are harmless (since the space in libc's BSS
> ends up being used, which is large enough) and the issue is addressed
> in the FAQ.  The only binary on my system that seems to be affected is
> sendmail.

I should have checked the patch more closely.  This change is not
harmless.  If the variable is referenced in the program itself we get
a copy relocation (this is why you are seeing the message above).  If
now, as in this case, the new variable size is larger it means that
the library overwrites other data in the program.

We have to find a way to not increase the _res size.