more new code

Hi,

You might have seen lots of new ChangeLog entries.  The main reason is
that I used the last four days to write the new LC_COLLATE
implementation.  It's not yet finished but it's good enough to allow
running the test suite we have in place.

It was an awful lot of work and more is yet to come.  Since the
underlying specification changed dramatically I couldn't reuse
anything.  And since the new specification is *much* more complicated
the new code is as well.

I'm quite pleased with the results so far.  strcoll is better
optimized since it does not compute all the collation elements before
starting the computation.  This was often inefficient since strings
very often at the first level (of course this depends on the
application but still).  Also strxfrm is improved: the output strings
are now an average of 15% (according to my very small survey) shorter
which not only saves the application memory, it also speeds up the
comparisons.

Please start testing the new code and whenever you come accross
something which does not work add it to one of the existing tests or
create a new one.

I'll continue working on the collation stuff to make the wide
character variants of the functions working.  They require quite a lot
of extra work because of the characteristics of the large range of the
wchar_t type.