Re: Time for glibc 2.1.2 final?

Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> what open problems do we have for a 2.1.2 release?

The db2 patch HJ came up with.  I have only HJ's comment that it works
for him and nothing else.

I also had no chance to build and test the release on Alpha and SPARC.
Scott reported a few problems on Arm (which are fixed) but I don't
know whether this is all.

> - The message "Bug in ld-linux 2.1.2pre2 - absolute symbols are
>   relocated + Patch" on libc-alpha has not been answered.  Is this
>   really a bug?

I don't think so.  If this message comes up it means normally a
corrupted binary.

> - the crt[ni].* problem Zack mentioned (this seems to be IMHO the only
>   show stopper)

This is no problem with the patch I added.  As rth commented, I also
don't believe Zack's words that with the -march=i386 flag properly
used there is a problem.

> - PR libc/1174: "stdio without SA_RESTART loses output"

I haven't found so far a passage in POSIX which would require it
otherwise.  So the answer is likely: Then don't do it.

> I noticed the following cosmetic problems:
> - INSTALL is not uptodate (manual/install.texi is more recent)
> - FAQ is not uptodate (FAQ.in is more recent)

I'll update them when I build it the next time.

> - Geoff's changes made to FAQ 2.8 in glibc 2.2 should be made to glibc
>   2.1 also.

Which changes?