Re: A static, none thread patch

> > > 	* elf/dl-load.c (_dl_init_paths): Set up rtld_search_dirs only
> > > 	if necessary.
> >
> > If there are no system dirs something is wrong.
>
> As I said, I got it when I configured glibc as static only on ia32.
> I got

This is the bug.  If you are building the elf subdir at all, even
static-only, you need a definition for this (for libdl.a to use).

The right fix is probably just to move the default-rpath definition
in Makeconfig out of the $(build-shared) conditional, since it's in fact
needed any time elf/ is built whether shared or static.