wide char stream stuff is in

I've checked in the few changes.  Last time I compiled it (last night)
it passed all tests.  Please note that I have disabled the test for
localedata.  I've also added a warning printed at configure time.

About the code: you will find a few new test cases.  This is almost
everything I've tested so far.  At least as far as wide character
streams are concerned.  Byte streams are already tested quite well and
all tests still pass.  But be prepared for lots of bugs in the wide
char stuff, especially since the tests passed the first time I ran
them.  This is always suspecious.

There are also some parts which are not yet implemented or known to be
broken.  *Please* write lots of tests and maybe even fix the problems.
It's not hard.  The concept of wide char streams is easy:

  you have two levels of buffers.  For wide char streams there is an
  additional level.  The first level buffers are filled just like
  before.  The second level is filled from the first by conversion
  functions. These functions are kept in a codecvt structure.  This
  one comes directly from ISO C++.  The reason is simple: the same
  implementation will be used in libstdc++.  For output the opposite
  work is done, of course.

Untested or with known problems is especially seeking and syncing of
wide character streams.  Also things like linebuffering must be
tested.

I really would like the testing work for the first time up to you
since I have the locale stuff to finish.  It's critical to get this
also in place so that we can start testing it all together.