poll

Hi guys,

Could you please take a look at the poll changes I just checked in?  I
got a complaint that the poll emulation is not really compatible if an
invalid file descriptor is given.  The changed version tries to fix
this without major penalties for the normal case.

The only change I know about is that now, even if select fails, the
revents elements are cleared.  This didn't happen before but shouldn't
be a problem.

The code is not tested at all since I don't have an old kernel lying
around.  But I'm nevertheless quite convident.