Re: ld.so version map

> The original change was provoked by a bug-report: when you override
> one specific function, namely strcmp(), you get infinite recursion in
> the dynamic linker.  Roland said that in this case the linker should
> be using its own routines.

I said this for the routines used in lazy binding symbol resolution (which
I believe to be just strcmp), not ld.so's "own routines" in general.

> I had a patch that copied libc.map and removed that one function,
> would this be preferable in your opinion?

That would be correct, and so would suffice to forestall vehement objection
from me.  I still tend to think it might be more maintainable to use a
private version of the function (_dl_strcmp), but that is debatable.  In
either case the important thing is to be paranoid about functions in the
symbol resolution code path and make sure any non-_dl_* functions are
handled specially in whichever way.