glibc or egcs C++ bug ?

Hello,

I have got a bug report, where I don't know if it is a glibc or
egcs bug.

If I compile the appended example with egcs 1.1.1 and glibc 2.x,
I got:

kukuk@allen:~/tmp > g++ test.cc test2.cc
/tmp/ccvijqsR.o: warning: multiple common of `bla type_info node'
/tmp/ccfPOxJN.o: warning: previous common is here

kukuk@allen:~/tmp > g++ test3.cc
kukuk@allen:~/tmp >

test3.cc is test.cc and test2.cc in one file.

What the original author has tested:
egcs 1.1b and glibc: should work
egcs 1.1.1 and glibc: doesn't work
egcs 1.1.1 and libc5: should work