No Subject

I've got a question.

       If an LD_PRELOAD shared library defines a symbol for __open(),
       but not open(), should the weak alias for open() in libc
       resolve to point to libc's __open(), or the preload library's __open()?

Uli, H.J, all: I don't know if I've found a bug in ld.so, or if I just
don't understand the weak aliases.  This question has been raised
before, along the line of "how do RTLD_NEXT and weak symbols interact",
but I've not seen a good answer posted.

I've been reading this list for almost a year now, and though I know
I've made no real contribution to the libc effort, I do feel this
issue needs to be discussed and concluded before releasing 2.1.
--
					-bwb

					Brent Baccala
					baccala@freesoft.org