Re: Damaged PPC_REL24 handling

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 01:06:49PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> A little further investigation reveals this:
>
> symbol name:
> ic_string3ZcZt18string_char_traits1ZcZt24__default_alloc_template2b1i0Uic
>
> loadbase sym->st_value reloc->r_addend
> 0178e000 00000000      00014664
>
> Well, right off I recognize mangled names (although c++filt only
> successfully unmangles about half of them, they're all in libstdc++).
> And I recognize that that loadbase is seriously broken.
>
> Could someone with a little more practice at this than I perhaps give
> me a few hints for determining whether binutil's binary creation or
> glibc's loading is at fault?

And a minute later, I recognize something even more interesting.
That's not a complete mangled name!  There are four that match it, but
the beginning has been truncated.  Any other program that fails to load
also fails on a symbol name whose beginning has been chopped off.  Draw
what conclusions you will.

Dan