Re: <signal.h> broken with _POSIX_SOURCE=1 defined

On 03 Nov 1998 16:14:22 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>Zack Weinberg <zack@rabi.columbia.edu> writes:

>|> Followup:  Doing the same thing with _POSIX_SOURCE instead produces
>|> some spurious errors.  They come from the internal prototypes in the
>|> wrapper headers.
>
>The library source largely depends on being compiled with _GNU_SOURCE.
>You can only get correct results by testing against installed headers.

I know and I consider it broken.  This is what Roland was worried
about back in August when libc's view of some headers was made
different from the normal-program view.  A test case has to be treated
as if it were a normal program.

>From the end-user point of view, you don't want to be told "you can't
run these tests of libc until after you've installed it and clobbered
your old libc".

I know how to fix the problem, but the code changes would be so
extensive I don't think Uli wants them in 2.1.

zw