Re: [wtjones@widowmaker.com] libc/836: There appears to be a bug in the sigmask handling in Linuxthreads.

In dist.glibc, article <909479233.26850@noris.de>,
  Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@weber-eb.uni-paderborn.de> writes:

> mysqld has one thread for select, which spawns new working threads.
> Somebody should test, if mysqld works with linux 2.1.125. If it works,
> it is the known kernel bug. If not, it is a glibc/linuxthreads bug.

I'm using mysqld both under 2.0.35 and 2.1.125. No problems so far;
and we're using a distributed status monitor which does almost-continuous
parallel database requests from multiple machines -- uptime: 100 days or so
(it's 12 days now, but only because of a power failure. :-/ )

--
Matthias Urlichs  |  noris network GmbH   |   smurf@noris.de  |  ICQ: 20193661
The quote was selected randomly. Really.    |      http://www.noris.de/~smurf/