Re: glibc-2.0.95: sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sigstack.c won't compile

On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 08:58:01AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> I've added this already but lemme guess: you compiled without optimization?

Speaking of things that don't compile without optimization...

My compiler has a hard time with sysdeps/generic/glob.c - iff it is
being compiled -fpic and -O1 egcs emits unrecognizable insns.  I'm sure
it's a compiler bug, and probably fixed by now (I'm using 2.90.27).
However, when I compiled -O0 the __stat macros in io/sys/stat.h did not
get used; even with -finline-functions undefined references to __stat
were generated.  I ended up doing this in glob.c:

#ifdef __powerpc__
#undef __stat
#define __stat(a,b) __xstat(_STAT_VER,a,b)
#endif

which is hardly the best of solutions.  Anyone know which particular
optimization would be killing the compiler here so I can disable only
that?  I tried all the ones I could come up with..

Dan