Re: IO deadlock

Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@weber-eb.uni-paderborn.de> writes:

> I have found the problem: We have a lock deadlock.
> fflush() locks the stream, and _IO_SYNC, too. It will hang in _IO_SYNC
> in flockfile().

The FILE streams should all be locked using recursive mutexes.  This
means processes shouldn't hang.

For the gdb patches: one guy here at Cygnus runs the modofed gdb for
several weeks now, without problems.  We are waiting for the paper
work before we can integrate them in the official gdb.  The
LinuxThreads lib in glibc 2.1 already has the necesary patches so
patching gdb is the only thing to do.