Re: linuxthreads question

> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
> Date: 14 Jul 1998 20:10:31 -0700

> The problem is that this is really a situation which is not (yet)
> supported.  No user beside root so far can change the priority of the
> threads but this is no general problem, it's because we still have no
> complete capability implementation.

That sounds like every case of 'EPERM' in the kernel.

The real question is whether you want a program that hits this error
code to print "Sorry, your kernel does not support an essential
feature of this program" or "Sorry, you do not have permission to
run this program".  The user will try to fix the problem in different
ways depending on which error code is returned.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>