today's patches

Hi,

I've checked in several new patches, mainly thread-related.  Xavier
and I've finished the support for ser defined stacks (we have now all
the functionality from POSIX.1 and Unix98) and Xavier has changed the
low-level locking code to be safe in realtime situations with threads
of different priorities.

I managed to compile the code but had a problem (he didn't sent me the
code for the __pthread_compare_and_exchange function).  But since I'm
compiling here on a i686 I simply worked around this problem by not
requiring this function.

For other platforms I'm not sure whether it works or not.  Give it a try.