Re: RFC: Hurd startup code in current glibc development version

   Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:37:21 +0200 (MET DST)
   From: Mark Kettenis <kettenis@phys.uva.nl>

   * Create special startup code for statically linked Hurd binaries.
     This startup code would first setup a proper ABI compliant stack
     before jumping to the origional startup code.  Changes to the glibc
     would be minimal, but the gcc specs file needs to be changed.

   The last option seems to be the cleanest solution to me.  A logical
   choice for the startup code for statically linked binaries would be
   crt0.o, but there may be something against this.

I agree with you on all counts.  Thanks for doing this work; can you
submit the patches so they can make it into the libc source?