Re: A linux patch for a typo

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> writes:

> I've talked to _you_ for chrissake.

When?  We manage to talk occasionally about some additions to the
kernel for which patches were sent but never added.  But I don't want
to start with this.

We've also talked about that we need an abstract interface for the
kernel and that the glibc headers provide this.  But at the same time
I've mentioned that it is still necessary to access some kernel
headers and nothing happened in this direction (including _no_ talking).

> For glibc builds you can do whatever you please. It's internal kernel
> header files that I don't want you to depend on.

I'm not talked about building glibc.  I'm talking about headers like
ioctls.h, all the filesystem headers and so on.  I don't want to
maintain copies of all these files.

-- Uli