Re: libdb and 2 major numbers

Ulrich Drepper writes:
 > Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@weber.uni-paderborn.de> writes:
 >
 > The problem with this solution is that th soname is wrong.  It has to
 > be libdb.so.2 and not libdb1.so.2.

No, the soname is correct:
readelf db/libdb.so.2
Shared library: [libc.so.6]
Library soname: [libdb.so.2]

 > > - scripts/test-installation.pl will fail.
 >
 > I don't know the reason why this should fail but it is certainly
 > correctable.

The problem is the libdb.so link, if it points to the wrong library
(libdb.so.2 and libdb.so.3 will both be loaded, this seems to fail), or
it tries to link against libdb1.so, which will also fail.

I have append my current patch, it is very short.

   Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de
                http://www-vt.uni-paderborn.de/~kukuk