Pthread QOS interface

Len Brown lenb@kernel.org
Tue May 17 23:59:05 GMT 2022

I have a more specific question.

Can we implement EXACTLY the same interface as Apple has -- so a
cross-platform application doesn't have to change?  (I see an Apple
source license on that qos.h -- is that an issue with an API?)

(I think the answer about the scheduling interface is simply "yes", we
can add new Linux-specific flags to the existing sched_setattr(2) --
but ideally applications should be using a more portable interface,
rather than directly invoking linux-specific system calls)

thanks,
-Len

--
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center