Re: Use gen-libm-test.py to generate ulps table for manual

On 08/30/2018 08:59 AM, Michael Matz wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Do any SUSE people wish to comment further on this issue?
>>
>> Joseph,
>>  I will ping this again on Friday, since that will have been a week since
>> my request for information.
>
> I'm sorry, I haven't seen the above followup(s) as I'm not on libc-alpha@
> and Andreas is on vacation right now.  I think we've said all we had to
> say.  As engineers we can deal with most things (though I'd have expected
> this from new contributors to glibc as well), so we'll manage.  Just try
> to not use python modules that aren't in the base distro of python or
> require native code parts.

Does your position represent that of SUSE?

Andreas is a project steward, and GNU project maintainer, so we still need
his input on this issue. We will need to wait for him to come back and
respond to this.

Lastly, your objection is recorded, and that you will not block consensus
on this issue e.g. "deal with most things." Thank you for your input.

> P.S: not looking forward to the helper scripts being rewritten into
> javascript 10 years from now because "it's more popular" ;-/

Are you kidding? We'll have a native WebAssembly port by then. You'll need a
whole browser in the bootstrap ;-)

Carlos.