Re: Use gen-libm-test.py to generate ulps table for manual

On 08/29/2018 12:56 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2018, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>> I'd like to hear that glibc's use of Python is going to cause SUSE
>> "undue hardship" in accommodating this use of Python, otherwise I'd like
>> to see us move forward with using Python.
>
> Do any SUSE people wish to comment further on this issue?

Joseph,
 I will ping this again on Friday, since that will have been a week since
my request for information.

I'm not sure we can move forward on this issue until Andreas makes his
position clear, either a sustained objection (blocks consensus), or a
recorded objection to the change (does not block consensus).

Paul,

I'd like your opinion on this also. Do you have any opinion on the use
of python more uniformly within glibc to replace existing awk, perl,
and shell scripts? It would require a minimal python in the bootstrap,
which is what SUSE is objecting to.

Discussion starts here:
https://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-08/msg00218.html

Carlos.