[OT] Social Justice Warrior (was: Re: [rain1 at airmail dot cc] GNU glibc ownership)

Hello, Robert,

Thanks for your email, interesting story.

On May 10, 2018, Robert Kiraly <oldcoder@yahoo.com> wrote:

> of one enthusiastic Social Justice Warrior who refers to himself
> as a "freedom fighter"

I was not familiar with the term Social Justice Warrior as recently as
24 hours ago.

I got acquainted with it in another post about this same issue:
https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-05/msg00418.html

In that message, those who expressed concerned about how others might be
offended by the joke were qualified as SJW.

I don't know whom to believe.  Am I a SJW, or not?  Why?

This is an honest question, BTW; I'm really curious about a consensus
definition for the term.  I actually found it inspiring, before seeing
it defined in a way that made it sound like it had been adopted and
spoiled by people and behaviors I'm not aligned with.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you might provide on the matter.

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer