Re: Bugzilla: editbugs privs

On 02/22/2018 05:50 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 02/22/2018 02:48 PM, Rical Jasan wrote:

>>> Sure, but I think the real reason is that Bugzilla requires something in
>>> that field.  Maybe we should just ask for a configuration change to drop
>>> that requirement?
>>
>> Is there otherwise a visible history of the status changes, though?
>> Nice behaviour IMO would be if it auto-generated a "Marked as RESOLVED
>> FIXED by Some Dev." comment if the status changed but the comment was
>> empty, but if you couldn't follow status changes because no comment was
>> generated, that'd be worse than the current situation, which after I
>> thought about it for a bit is why I asked what I should say instead of
>> why I have to write something.  :)
>
> Like other Bugzillas, there is a History page for each bug, linked from
> the top right corner.  It shows a complete history, except for the

...my visual filter is set to ignore things like "History" hyperlinks
when I'm looking for a record of changes to a webpage.

RESOLVED FIXED  ;)

> aspects which have not changed since the filing of the bug (which can be
> confusing).  But this does not apply here.

Then yes, it would be convenient to not have to make a comment, though
it is a small inconvenience, and does provide a certain sense of closure
for casual readers of a bug.

Thanks,
Rical