malloc: Security implications of tcache

Hey,

I was wondering if people are aware of the security implications of the tcache structure?

Itis operating in similar fashion to the fastbin free-list, but without any security checks at all to detect memory corruptions. This leads back to unconstrained writes and unconstrained arbitrary allocations, similar to the times of dlmalloc. Eventually, this makes all the security checks introduced before rather pointless, as they are bypassed completely by design.

There is no real fix to this problem, apart from disabling the tcache of course, so I was wondering what lead to the decision to remove security checks in this context?

Thank you,
Moritz