Re: Upstreaming the glibc Hurd port

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > Before Hurd support is fully integrated in glibc, I'd encourage having a
> > branch *in the glibc repository* that contains such support, so we can
> > more readily see what the changes yet to be merged are (and possibly
> > comment on issues that will need addressing when integrating them in
> > glibc).
>
> I can pile-commit what we currently have, with all the XXXs, FIXMEs,
> etc., if that can help the glibc side.

I think having such a branch (rebased from time to time, especially as
Hurd changes make their way into master or get cleaned up for issues
raised, so it doesn't fall too far behind master) would be helpful so we
can see the changes and quite likely point out global issues to be
addressed throughout.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com