Re: [patches] Re: RISC-V glibc port, v4

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018, Darius Rad wrote:

> Summary of test results:
>     159 FAIL
>    5413 PASS
>       4 UNRESOLVED
>      21 UNSUPPORTED
>      18 XFAIL
>
> I have placed output here [1], including .out and .out-result for the
> failing (in fact, non-PASS) tests.  This was run with qemu-system on
> RV64 LP64D.  This also reflects two small changes on top of the V4 patches.
>
> About 35 tests fail because they attempt to load incompatible libraries
> from /lib, rather than the libraries under test.  These error messages
> are not reflected in the test output, but are in the output of 'make
> check' (output.log in the tar file).

Thanks.  Please see the generic information at
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.26#Architecture-independent>.
In particular, "If the test system does not have suitable copies of
libgcc_s.so and libstdc++.so installed in system library directories, it
is necessary to copy or symlink them into the build directory before
testing (see https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-04/msg01014.html
regarding the use of system library directories here).".  (I expect I'll
copy that information into the 2.27 page if it still seems relevant on
running 2.27 architecture tests once the final architecture-independent
reviews remaining from the slush period have been done.)  Some of your
other failures are also known issues on that list (or known on several
architectures already).

If you copy libgcc_s.so.1 and libstdc++.so.6 into the build directory
before "make check", I expect you should get much better results - and
more meaningful results for identifying other problems.  I think it's a
lot more than 35 tests affected (note all the "libgcc_s.so.1 must be
installed for pthread_cancel to work" in output.log, for example).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com