Re: [patches] Re: RISC-V glibc port, v4

On 01/15/2018 11:13 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>
>> It's been a bit more than two weeks since the last patch set, and I think we're
>> starting to get something that's in reasonable shape.  Thanks to Darius for
>> putting in a lot of time into the v4.  We've also gotten the test suite in a
>> bit better shape: we're down to 200 failures when running natively on Linux,
>> and all the test suite failures when running in user mode emulate appear to be
>> environment issues.  As far as I know the only remaining issue in our port is
>> to triage the test suite failures, most of which we're hoping are just
>> deficiencies in our current environment.  Of course, now that I've said that
>> I'm sure we'll find a bunch of bugs all over the place :)
>
> Although no more than about 20 architecture-specific failures (for each
> configuration tested) should be expected for a port in reasonable shape
> for inclusion, even before that point it makes sense to provide the list
> of failures, as some failures may point reviewers to specific issues with
> the port - details of test failures are necessary information for a full
> review of a port.  (Even better, also make the "make check" output and the
> .out files for failed tests available somewhere.)

Summary of test results:
    159 FAIL
   5413 PASS
      4 UNRESOLVED
     21 UNSUPPORTED
     18 XFAIL

I have placed output here [1], including .out and .out-result for the
failing (in fact, non-PASS) tests.  This was run with qemu-system on
RV64 LP64D.  This also reflects two small changes on top of the V4 patches.

About 35 tests fail because they attempt to load incompatible libraries
from /lib, rather than the libraries under test.  These error messages
are not reflected in the test output, but are in the output of 'make
check' (output.log in the tar file).

[1] http://bluespec.com/tmp/glibc-check.tar.xz