This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2 0/7] Additional integrity checks for the malloc
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Istvan Kurucsai <pistukem at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 23:18:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/7] Additional integrity checks for the malloc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've reviewed the patches and they all LGTM but I'd want someone else to
check them also, preferably someone with more security experience.
Performance-wise, I benchmarked your patches against an unpatched glibc,
and saw no discernable performance change - half the benchmarks were
within 0.3% faster, the other half within 0.3% slower, which is still
"in the noise". Most were much closer to "same".
Some of the patches got me wondering if we could, for example, store a
global "largest prev-chunk for an mmapped area" or store more data in
the mmap's fake prev chunk to further validate things. Something for a
future patch perhaps.