Re: nis compat depreciation and test failures

On Mon, 2017-08-14 at 17:14 +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>

> > and no failures show up.  When I test with ILP32 aarch64 there is no
> > libnss_compat system library, the load of libnss_compat fails and I get these
> > extra failures:
> >
> > FAIL: grp/testgrp
> > FAIL: nss/bug17079
> > FAIL: posix/globtest
> > FAIL: pwd/tst-getpw
> That explains the failures of those tests I saw for some MIPS ABIs
> and
> noted on the wiki as having unknown cause.  Could you update the
> architecture-independent section of
> <https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.26> with a discussion of
> these failures and the circumstances under which they occur (probably
> linking to your message)?  (Of course, we should fix them for the future,
> and hopefully there will be a fix suitable to backport to the release
> branch.)

I haven't been able to update the Wiki.  I can't seem to log in.  I am
in EditorGroup but I don't remember my password and I cannot get the
Wiki page to email me a token for resetting it.  I am not really
sure what email address that I used to setup my wiki access (sje <AT>
sourceware.org or sje <AT> gcc.gnu.org or sellcey <AT> cavium.com), but
none of them seem to be working.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@cavium.com

P.S.  The Wiki (and Bugzilla) seem really slow.  I am not sure if the
      machine is just really busy or if something else is going on.