Re: 2.26 release blockers?

On 2017-07-05, at 5:15 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> I'd like to nominate the HPPA pthread fixes (BZ #21016;
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-06/msg00174.html and
> possibly more) on the basis that we shouldn't leave HPPA broken for
> multiple releases in a row.

The HPPA pthread fixes and more are now installed on trunk.  HPPA is no longer broken.

The following test results were obtained with a clean trunk build yesterday:

FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace2
FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace3
FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace4
FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace5
FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace6
FAIL: elf/check-execstack
FAIL: elf/check-textrel
FAIL: elf/neededtest
FAIL: elf/order2-cmp
FAIL: elf/reldep3
FAIL: elf/tst-audit2
FAIL: malloc/tst-malloc-thread-fail
FAIL: malloc/tst-trim1
FAIL: misc/tst-clone2
FAIL: misc/tst-preadvwritev2
FAIL: misc/tst-preadvwritev64v2
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-cond-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-condattr-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutex-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutexattr-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlock-printers
UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlockattr-printers
FAIL: nptl/tst-align-clone
FAIL: nptl/tst-cleanupx4
FAIL: nptl/tst-cond25
FAIL: nptl/tst-create-detached
FAIL: nptl/tst-getpid1
FAIL: nptl/tst-robust-fork
FAIL: nptl/tst-rwlock19
FAIL: nptl/tst-stack4
FAIL: resolv/mtrace-tst-resolv-res_ninit
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_ninit
FAIL: stdlib/tst-setcontext2
FAIL: timezone/tst-tzset
Summary of test results:
     28 FAIL
   3304 PASS
      6 UNSUPPORTED
     31 XFAIL

A few fails may be timeouts.

I have two patches remaining at the moment.  The first fixes unaligned accesses in the resolver.  It was discussed
on the list but not approved.

The second updates the handling of __gmon_start__.  It installed in Debian.  However, it requires a complete rebuild
of all applications and shared libraries to remove the presence of __gmon_start__ in every shared object.  I don't plan
to install it unless Gentoo adopts the change as well.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net